Client: Environment Agency
Re-roofing and isolated external and internal refurbishment works.
Contract value: £124,000
Duration: July – October 2004
Lake 4 Pumping Station is part of the Marsh Sykes Catchment, which lies on the south bank of the Thames Estuary at Thamesmead.
The significant par t of the area is within the London Borough of Bexley, with a small section in the London Borough of Greenwich.
The pumping station has four Archimedes screw pumps, with their associated diesel and electrical motors to activate them.
The function of the station is to pre-determine the height of storm water in the holding lake. The pumps automatically start and transfer water to the Thames.
- Preparation of existing roof covering on the main flat roof and application of Kemper V210 roof covering system with associated roof works.
- Security improvement of existing external metal staircase and provision of new internal purpose made metal platform leading to water tank situated close to staff office and toilets.
- Internal refurbishment and improvement works to staff office,toilet and kitchen areas.
- Provision of new fire alarm systems and emergency lighting.
- Bund lining improvement works and installation of new ventilation to ground floor oil store room.